Having fun with wigs - It's a real thing, I promise! ....
Having fun with wigs.
If you’d have asked me 20 years ago if the words ‘fun’ and ‘wigs’ could be used in the same sentence I’d have probably have knocked you off of the rainbow coloured unicorn you were riding.
Back then, to me, wigs = baldness which = alopecia and i HATED the fact that I had alopecia.
I know this may sound dramatic but at one point during my teenage years I actually wished I would die. I became severely depressed about my alopecia and needed professional help to recover from the trauma I went through losing my hair.
These days, when i meet with customers at aspire hair, it always shocks me when they say how brave I must have been to lose my hair so young. I wasn’t brave at all. I was a mess! I feel lucky to have come out of the other side of my teenage years relatively sane.
Thank goodness those days are well behind me. Now i can say with certainty that I have accepted my alopecia and fully embraced wearing wigs.
I can now use the words ‘fun’ and ‘wigs’ in the same sentence.
Lets have a look at some of the more positive aspects of wearing hair ...
- • You can change your hair style everyday with no fuss at all.
- • You can try on and wear any colour you like.
- • Your roots don’t grow through.
- • Your colour doesn’t fade (with synthetic wigs)
- • Your waves/curls hold better than in bio hair (especially true for synthetic wigs)
- • You can whip them off when you get too hot during the Summer.
- • Wigs make amazing holiday hair, especially synthetic ones as they don’t react to humidity!
- • You only have to wash them every 7-10 wears (FYI – Wigs totally made me more lazy)
- • You can wash your wigs off your head!
- • You can take your wig off to have a bath / shower before a night out and not have to faff with your hair.
- • Synthetic wigs can be left to style themselves after washing. Horray!
I’m sure there are lots of other positives to wearing wigs but these are the ones that I came up with whilst writing this post!
Can you add anymore to the list in the comments below?